- The College must agree to offer the CTO at least two terms of leave during the period of the award;
- Of these one should be sabbatical leave already accrued as per contractual entitlement, and one should be extra leave. Colleges may if they wish choose to offer the CTO a second extra term of leave (or a term of light duties) as well, to make a year-long package; please specify this in the application;
- The College will continue to pay the CTO as normal during the leave period;
- The substitute teaching appointment should be a single full-time appointment, normally to a category of Fellowship, and lasting for either a year or nine months;
- If you require the existing CTO to teach normally in the third term of the year, the substitute can be offered time for research, or teaching duties for other colleges, as appropriate;
- Colleges are free to determine the duties and salary of the replacement post, which should be set out with the application, fully costed;
- The Trust’s grant is not necessarily intended to cover the full costs of the replacement. However, the Trust expects that the substitute employee will be paid at the rate of at least £20k per annum.
- No more than £2,500 of the grant may be reserved by the College for meals and other incidental Fellowship costs.