THIS PAGE WILL BE COMPLETELY REVISED IN APRIL 2017. However, information on these pages will remain valid for applications for up to £60k in support of a research project (or up to £30k for a bridging grant) and the Easter Term round will proceed as usual. But there will be no round for larger Strategic Grants this summer - potential applicants should contact the Director for advice.
Head of Department's supporting statement
Each application must be supported by the applicant's Head of Department.
Please open the questionnaire here.
- Are you willing to administer this grant on behalf of your Department?
- How much research income did your Department earn in the last financial year for which data is available?
- Does the Department have any other discretionary funds on which it can draw, and if so how much is being made available for this application? If not the full amount please explain why not.
- How much research income did the applicant obtain in the last financial year for which data is available, and how much has been secured for each year of the period covered by the application? Please list each project.
- Does the applicant have any other discretionary funds on which he/she can draw, and if so how much is being made available for this application? If not the full amount please explain why not.
- The Trust will only support requests to fund consumables in the very last resort, if no other funding is available for them. If the applicant is applying for consumables, please explain why this is necessary.
- Bearing in mind the Trust’s own criteria (see below), how would you rank this application in relation to others that you are submitting to us in this round? How would you rank it in relation to other applications that you have submitted to us in the last two years?
- Please nominate two experts from outside your Department who might provide an independent peer review of this application. Please include their e-mail addresses. Please explain here why the nominees are suitable. If you are nominating someone from outside the University, please establish that they are available to act. The proposed reviewers should not have been co-authors of papers or co-applicants on grants with any member of the application team during the last five years. Please do not ask the reviewers to send anything to the Trust; we will contact them and ask them to write to us confidentially (if necessary, depending on any material that you may submit attached to Box 10 below).
- Please nominate two other referees who can comment fairly on the project and the abilities and expertise of the personnel involved; there is no restriction on their relationship with the applicants. Please include their e-mail addresses. At least one of the four named referees in boxes 8 and 9 should be from within the University and at least one from outside it. Please do not ask the referees to send anything to the Trust; we will contact them.
- If there is any feedback available on this project from an existing independent peer review, or if you have sought independent comment on it yourself, please tick this box and enclose the feedback on a separate sheet if possible.